woensdag 12 maart 2014

Pics or it didn't happen!

And now for something completely different. This post is going to be rather non-EVE related. As a matter of fact, it won’t be EVE related at all.


Last two week I’ve been very excited about my (still nameless…) new fan fiction. (See previous blog post!)
One of the first comments on my previous story was that it would be great to see this visualised. People were throwing in ideas about making videos, and illustrations and what not. Great!
But, well, videos is a tough one. I make EVE videos, but they’re PvP recordings. The fan fic story mostly involves characters, and not so much EVE ships. I can make a video of a dude walking up and down the balcony in the Captain’s Quarters, but that, needless to say, won’t do.


Now illustrations is a different thing. People may not know but I’ve got some experience with graphical designing like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, but another thing (even less people know this!) is that I also do oil painting. So to cut things short; I’m going to paint illustrations for my next fan fic.


Here is one example. Without too much spoilery; here’s a scene with 2 characters sitting at a booth table of a smoky lounge bar making all sorts of dubious deals, as one of them hands of a Neopad to the other. What I tried to achieve here is the light of the Neopad shining in their faces in the middle of a dark room.


I started with this little sketch I made while at work, literally a 30 seconds thing. All it does is make a concept of the visualisation of my imagination. It gives it a basic object layout of the canvas.





Secondly, put those shapes on the canvas, still very basic, throw some colours in there that I want to use and set the mood.




Add some stuff.




And some more. And result.



Hope you like it!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten