donderdag 13 maart 2014

Black Ops Part 4

We’ve been deployed in Fountain for a few weeks now, so I haven’t done any Black Ops pew pew since then. I only do Blops in between campaign ‘downtimes’ as we call them. I still operate in Providence, which is a fair distance from our home in Cloud Ring, so we use jumpclones to get around.


The last Blops post was about the risks and chances of Blopsing, both in groups and solo. Interesting enough, a few days after that post we got some interesting encounters. I’m not going to summarise every kill, but there are 3 engagements I’d like to highlight.


I had Vargur and Dominix on scan in the same anomaly. Local was considerable high with 20 guys. I report them on TS and my mind starts spinning making all sorts of calculations and mostly assumptions. To warp to the anomaly anyway to at least have a looksie at them: Dominix and Vargur (in Bastion mode!) are 10km from me, not moving. The call is made and Cyno goes up. Dominix primaried and dies quick enough. I decided to shoot the Dominix first because I hoped the Vargur would disable his Bastion mode meanwhile (in order to run!), and having Bastion disabled would cripple his tank enormous. And this is exactly what happens, they both died: http://judasii.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=22172148


Now if you look at the killreport very closely, you see that my Loki died five minutes after the Vargur’s pod! That was due a terrible mistake on my own side. When the Battleships died, local already went up and Interceptors appeared on D-scan. We were too far from the wrecks to burn around and grab it, so we just warped off with all haste. I kept the anomaly on D-scan to see what would happen to it because I really wanted the loot after checking the killmails.
All was clear for a few minutes so I decided to be bold and warp the Loki back and grab it. Just that very moment an Inty warped in and got me… Rotten bit of luck. Funny enough, the Blops also got on the Loki lossmail due our Smartbombs getting the Battleship pods. I’m not sure whether that’s a good or bad thing.


Two days later we get a second chance: Bastion Golem running an anomaly. This guy was TOUGH. With two Panthers we were punching 2k DPS in his face and he didn’t flint. He was clever enough to keep his Bastion up and I reckon he was overheating everything he had because he was tanking like a mother! We kept hammering for a few minutes (which is waaay too long for a Blops drop) and eventually he turned off his Bastion. His tank then finally collapsed and went down: http://judasii.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=22219985
By then local spiked, Interceptors and Cruisers were on short scan and again we had to run and leave the loot. This time I didn’t go back. Lesson learned, but missing Marauder loot two times in a row kinda sucks.


My wingmen had already jumpcloned back home to Cloud Ring because we were going on the new campaign the next day, but I decided to stay in Providence that last evening. And I’m glad I did because I managed to solo a Megathron.
He was fitted to boot spending 6 lowslots on his armor tank! Unfortunately for him, he didn’t plug his Explosives hole, nor extra buffer. So my Fusion charges ripped through that rather quickly... http://judasii.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=22232879
Later I checked the recorded combatlog. The time spend from uncloaking the Loki for tackle, until warping the Panther and Loki out and cloaking up again took less than 60 seconds. If you want hit-and-run skirmishes, I don’t think it gets much better than this. The wreck was looted and I was gone again by the time people had time to read their intel! I kept the Loki cloaked in local for my own amusement as I saw swarms of Interceptors jumping in and out of local and warping around anomalies.


OBVIOUSLY I didn’t Frapsed any of this, not even a single screenshot. :-(

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten