zaterdag 8 maart 2014

Fan Fiction

To whom it may concern: fan fiction.

A relative short update, but I felt I wanted to share something with you readers. (Do I have readers?) Today I am going to write to you, for you to read, about things that I've written and am writing to you that you can read. (!)

As you've figured, I like to write about stuff, all sorts of stuff. Especially EVE-related. I've got this blog, I write After Action Reports for PvP fleets, I did short bits on my Corp forums, etc. Among all that I have written a bit of EVE-related fan fiction last year. I never actually done a fan fiction before that but I just wanted to try it out, and so I did.

My first attempt at fan fiction, which I called, "Fan Fiction: A First Attempt", didn't took a lot of readers. This was because I only posted it on our own internal Corp forums with a handful of viewers. I published it in a series of eight parts, in total a mere 5.300 words, spread over a duration of five months. But when I wrote the first part I didn't think I would develop that particular bit into a longer ongoing story. In fact, it doesn't really fit the rest of it, as it has a complete different style.
The fan fic starts out as a short story about a Black Ops pilot that Smartbombs a Frigate, and is written in an almost comical, maybe childish way. Then I decided to keep the character and write a longer story after it, but in a complete different fashion. The story develops into a more sinister and philosophical thing. The character gets involved with other mysterious personas and ends up in exciting fleet fights. So, I'm not very happy with the first part at all, but it does give a quick introduction to the rest of it. (And I do quite like the rest of it if I may be so bold.)

If you're interested in reading it, I finally published it on my Google Drive, which you can view right here. Please bear with me; it is my first story ever, and that aside English isn't my native language!

Onward!!
As of last week I started writing a new fan fiction, nearly three months after my last bit. And this thing is going to be huge compared to my first attempt. I've just started writing the yet nameless story; finished the introduction and the first 'scene' and I'm already passed 2.400 words. I'm not going to reveal a whole lot about it yet but it has something to do with this dear fellow:



The story won't be exactly game-style related, though. It merely uses the EVE universe as a decor or scenery. My first fan fiction had a few combat scenarios in it that could be imaged as the in-game combat, but my new story will be more about situational details, while being rather abstract about combat. I think ... as I said, I just starting writing that one.

I've not decided yet how exactly I will publish it. Maybe spread in different parts like the first one, or just write the entire thing and then bomb it in one go. We'll see. I hope you're interested in all this, and if you are, try Fan Fiction: A First Attempt and let me know what you think of it. :-)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten