zaterdag 4 juli 2015

Daily Adventures of the One Eyed Buccaneer: A Journal

Hello Internet! A couple of weeks ago I started with a daily journal that I kept on the Dark-Rising corp forums about the things I do in EVE as a semi social experiment. I kept that journal going for one month exactly and I thought it might be fun to share it here too.

I don't expect everyone to read it from top to bottom but I think there are some amusing bits to scroll through. Hope you like it.


Friday, 22th May
* Flying a Jump Freighter is sloooww, but all of Flax's courier jobs are done for now.
* Spend silly monies on a new implant set, but my Ares interceptor now warps 20 AU/s weeeeeee
* (Thankfully) missed a Galmil derp against SNUFF but joined a Joint Op with DARK and DSC flying Crack Pigs (SFIs), good brawl, no losses. Frapsed!

Saturday, 23th May
* Made and uploaded a video of last night's SFI fleet, DSC seems to like it too.
* Bought a Blarpy for Raz Almight so he doesn't have to fly a Ferox for lvl 3 missions anymore.
* Played an action-race game with Mitch Taylor called 'Gas GuzzlersExtreme', hopefully more players to come, lots of fun.
* Joined Shock Fist on T1 Cruiser fleet in Akidagi - no targets.

Sunday, 24th May
* Started this series!
* Spam spam spam the Recruitment thread on the eve-o forums.
* Dark's Facebook is getting more likes. Shout out to all of you; if you got a funny video or peculiar, perhaps witty screenshot, share it with us, the internets will love you.
* Fitted a Cov Cyno Manticore to move Shock's Widow, cynod three times and failed to jump three times because Shock doesn't understand lightyears.
* Mmmmm new recruits. Meat shield!

Monday, 25th May
* Woke up to read my alt had finished Astrometric Pinpointing to V overnight, and that concludes a long long skillplan to perfect probing alt \o/
* Sank a Myrmidon but the pilot ejected before the bang. He wrote: (transl.) "such a shame when old players kill newcomers: (("
* Cloaky Tengu and cloaky Stratios are sneaky, but Combat Recons are sneakier! 1.25b turned to space dust.
* I don't mind talking with noobish recruits, butt wuld be nyce if they culd speek ienglish . . .
* Very interesting encounter with a bait Procurer Mining Barge in a belt. +6 killmails for me! (CNH, Nemesis, Kestrel, Thorax, Procurer, Tristan)

Tuesday 26th May
* Rocket Specialization V completed. You never know when you might need that 2% extra damage. Jackdaw (Caldari T3D) I'm ready for ya!
* Earlier ISK investment is taking a promising -very interesting- turn. Let's see how it plays out over time.
* "Fortune favours the bold", as they say . . . A Ferox engaged my Curse on a Station. A very unwise decision of him.
* Merc wardec is ending tonight. Hoist the colours! Set sails for Jita!

Wednesday 27th May
* Headache ;(
* Logged in a highsec alt to discover a fuckton of LP stashed that I should be using. Not sure on what yet.
* Speaking of LP, helped Aesir run some lvl 4 FW missions in Black Rise. Blarpy set up proves to be the winner again, as long as it doesn't get neuted and or jammed. I think these missions are best done in small groups any way.
* Wish my sec-status wasn't -10 . . . Presidente found an Orca in high-sec with a Killright on it. Hope he gets the kill though.
* Joined DSC on a roam through Cloud Ring. Shocking to see half of it doesn't belong to EXE anymore. How quick things can turn around.

Thursday 28th May
* Fuck Frigates.
* Fuck 'em.
* Who the fuck would want to fly Frigates. Ever.
* So I got myself a new Dramiel, been ages since I sat in one. Lost it instantly, got a new one, lost that too in exactly the same fashion. rip.

 Friday 29th May  
* Well, whoop-tee-do! Got a Firetail and killed a T1 Frigate. The problem I have with Frig fights is it's so typical 'Rock, Papers, Scissors.' There is hardly any tactics involved, because fights don't last longer than 8 seconds. There is no 'Plan B' in dogfights, no alternative maneuvers. Gimme back my Cruisers!
* Traded my Astarte in for a Deimos. A downgrade in some people’s eyes, but not mine. Hope I get some fun out of this one! Dual prop dual rep fit wooo!
* Had a very interesting and meaningful Director meeting last night about the future of Dark and social media.
* Squid Pig fleet! Navy Ospreys and RR Ospreys. Sadly no kills tonight except for a Shuttle.

 Saturday 30th May  
* In an back alley somewhere in London there’s a party going on tonight . . .
* Popped a Covetor. “Sniper Strelkov > You fucking idiot. i`m civil!!!!” Oh, the irony.
* And I guess kids don’t need no T2 Guns or even Gyrostabs anymore to fly a Machariel nowadays. A sad state of affairs indeed!
* And I’m so glad I got that Deimos fitted up. Caught a Charon Freighter on a gate and my Diemost had no problem dealing with the sentries!
* Funny little encounter on the Station’s undock. A Proteus was called in to protect an undocking Tayra from harm. Naturally, the Tayra went down with a single volley, long with the 80m capsule, and all the Proteus could do was sit and watch.

 Sunday 31th May  
* Been offline most of the day, but had a fun 2v1 with a Moa and a Maller vs my Deimos. Otherwise not much action, but I’m still in a good mood of yesterday’s Charon and Naglfar.

 Monday 1th June  
* Back in Jita. What a night. Two unfitted Scorpions. Then some Calmil guys started to form a fleet against us, I hopped in on their TS and joined their counter fleet. They undocked with a Scorpion Navy Issue, a Raven, and some light shit. Against all probabilities the SNI was full neut fitted instead of missiles and neuted Plague’s Vindicator. We killed the SNI and the Raven, but due the cap issue we had to use two neutral Guardians which thus became global and got killed.
* Wardecced – big surprise.
* Lost the Diemost against a  little gang, I guess two Vagabonds, a Loki and a Confessor was a bit too much.
* However, 10 minutes later we stumbled upon a Hurricane and a shitfitted Garmur along with a nice 800m pod.

 Tuesday 2th June  
* Phantasm vs solo Scorpion started as a nice brawl till he neuted out my DPS and finally got a lucky jam. Scorpion warped in structure. Le sad.
* PATCH DAY PATCH DAY PATCH DAY PATCH DAY PATCH DAY PATCH DAY PATCH DAY PATCH DAY PATCH DAY PATCH DAY Jackdaw wooooo!!
* Marmite Dominix (Wardec) in Jita, but when we logged in he didn't want to fight us ... ;(
* Met a .EXE newbro in Kubinen, three days old character. He didn’t quite know his way around. Helped him set up his clone home station and blasted his ass back to Branch.
* Picked up a lovely Marauder SKIN 4-pack from the New Eden Store, and saved myself some AUR. The Kaalakiota Golem SKIN is absolutely stunning! And a POLICE KRONOS!

 Wednesday 3th June  
* Two Jackdaws down in Jita, and three more within the wreck of a Badger … oopsie
* Marmite (Wardec) finally showed up. We shot a Vindicator into structure when they undocked another Vindi with two RR Nestors. Couldn’t fight that, sadly. But no losses on our end. 
* Apparently it’s very "unhonorable" to shoot neutral people in lowsec – according to a poor Thorax pilot.

 Thursday 4th June  
* Got myself a Jackdaw \o/
* Much rockets
* Wow Caldari
* Very missiles
* Did some minor forum management, fiddling with the horrible vBulletin crap, glad that’s done.
* Found an Ishtar in a DED site, took his homeless Geckos and C-Type of his wreck (Curse ftw!), and then continued to finish the DED itself for another 200m drop, not a bad way of making some ISK.
* NEED MOAR ROCKETS This Jackdaw spits them out, like, like … why, like a spitter!
* Joined an amazingly fun fleet with Dopified from Galmil, loads and loads of fun kills.

 Friday 5th June  
* After a few easy ganks I got to use the Jackdaw in a proper fight versus two other Destroyers at once, and with great success!
* Stabber Fleet Issue roam with DSC – no targets ;( rip black rise

 Saturday 6th June  
* Spend a fair amount of time stalking a Rattlesnake and a Raven in a WH, only to find out the Raven was warp core stabbed … and the Rattlesnake never showed up. God damn them.
* Two month old pilots really, really shouldn’t be flying a Battleship. I hope this Tempest guy learned his lesson, though I doubt it. Missed a Raven kill, but got a random Tempest instead, I can live with that.
* A Drake and a Hurricane warped to the top belt and … just sat there. Top belt is never a good place to sit at. Cleverly pointed one while shooting the other resulted in two killmails.
* What a stroke of luck! Another Battleships; an Apocalypse this time. He had a faction Armor Repairer fitted, which unfortunately got scooped by the MTU. I popped the MTU but the Repper didn’t drop. Still, such luck! Two Battlecruisers and two Battleships on a day!
* Couple of Stealth Bombers tried to shoot an offline POS. Got two of them while the rest ran away and pooped in local chat for a good two hours. Sigh.

 Sunday 7th June  
* A quiet sunny Sunday, not even much action in Jita today.
* Obvious cyno Prophecy is obvious; bumping and locking up my Phantasm on Station. Not gonna happen, buddy.
* Great monthly corp meeting this evening, with a great community future ahead of us!
* Preparing Black Ops action for upcoming week. It's been too long since I did some Blopsing.
* Played some Star Conflict with a few corpies after the meeting.

 Monday 8th June  
* Spend the morning shuttling and moving the Jump Freighter around, all the way down south to Irshah, so I got myself a new Panther and ditched the Redeemer. Let’s goooo!
* Came across a dead-end system with 11 Procurer-mining barges in an icebelt. Unfortunately they warped off again just when I decloaked. I went AFK for two hours doing some gardening and when I came back they had returned. Managed to catch two Procurers with the Panther. Their swarms of combat drones did some significant damage – till I smartbombed them off field.
* About to hotdrop on two Ishtars when a known PL cyno Legion uncloaked with me! Thankfully got both the Tengu and Panther out for the loss of two Geckos.
* Talking with a new recruit on TS, but instead of playing EVE we did some Magicka \o/
* Does anyone remember a little system called Van…?

 Tuesday 9th June  
* IN DARK-RISING FOR THREE YEARS! How did it ever get this far …  
* Had to abort my solo Black Ops trip for a day because I got word an angry miner was looking for me. For revenge! I jumpcloned back to Kubinen to find his Tristan. And after one laser volley his wreck.
* A Gnosis was running a DED site but sadly forgot to MJD out when I only long-pointed him. And a minute later a Jackdaw that fell a bit short on his 400m deadspace-fitted tank when facing a set of Heavy Beam lasers. This is the EVE pirate life coming true – over the last months I made hundreds if not billions on ISK by shooting other people in the face. I love it.
* New corp forums! \o/ Looking good!  

 Wednesday 10th June  
* No action ;( Did a LOT of jumping around with the Black Ops. Found and tackled a Stratios in a Relic site with my Cyno Tengu, but it turned out to be a special Sleeper site where the cyno wouldn’t lit … Oh it vexes me so. Better luck tomorrow.

 Thursday 11th June  
* Tried to bait a Stratios but he wouldn’t bite. I need more neut alts …
* Taking a break from Black Ops and parked it in Kubinen. My little trip of this week: http://i.imgur.com/uusVAFa.png
* Accidently jumpcloned to the ‘wrong’ clone and ended up with Crystal implants instead of my trusty Snakes. But got to put them to good use flying my ASB Vagabond against a high DPS Gila.
* Played some more Star Conflict with Aesir and Mitch, I think I’m slowly getting the hang of it.

 Friday 12th June  
* Star Conflict
* Star Conflict
* Star Conflict
* Star Confi…
* Str.. Con...
* send help please …
* So after 5 hours of Star Conflict I actually log in into EVE, and guess what, instantly a Raven undocks and meets its doom to me.

 Saturday 13th June  
* Thorax, Prophecy, Harbinger and Augorer gate camping. Solo’d the Thorax and the rest ran away … What’s wrong with people these days.
* Missed 16:00s BC fleet but apparently it was really good. Joined 18:00s Bomber fleet which was less so successful. Hotdropped two Vigilants but nobody thought about pointing them so they warped off … Good an Exequror instead, but still.

 Sunday 14th June  
* Oh no what have I done … spending monies on SC …
* Caught a Drake in one of the new ‘Burner missions’, by god, they are tough! I popped the Drake quiet easily but before I knew it I was 5 times scrammed and webbed by elite NPCs and there was no way of killing while they ripped through my Deimos’ tank. Mael Chalbi came to the rescue but paid the ultimate price: the NPCs changed their tackle to his Gila while I warped in half structure. RIP Mael ;( 

 Monday 15th June  
* Lately Flax has been slaxing … flacking … eh, anyway, did some more courier contracts in the morning.
* Pvp op with Mitch in Vlil, grabbed some Police Thrashers to cause some trouble! Got a nice shiney Astero with an equally shiney capsule.
* Caldari Tactical Destroyer V done; it gives the 2 second reload on missile launchers which is quite brilliant! Now, onwards with Marauder V … hmm I wonder how that will end.

 Tuesday 16th June  
* Took the Jackdaw out for a spin and slaughtered a Thrasher. He congratulated me on my tank and then dared me for a second fight against his nano’d-Claymore-boosted CN Hookbill. I think not.
* More Jackdaw fun later in the afternoon. A Navy Comet, Catalyst, Tristan and Navy Slicer jumped on top of me. Sank the Comet is no time, Catalyst ran away, but the Tristan and Slicer kited my Jackdaw for a while. They were just a few hundred m/s faster, oh how I wished I was in my Snake clone … However, the Slicer ran out of cap and slowed down, and then died very quickly. The Tristan couldn't bear the sight and quickly left.
* Having just recovered from an intense little fight I returned to find a Caracal in a large outpost. Along with two Navy BCUs in his low slots. A well-deserved killmail I think. I am digging this Jackdaw! Some bits Frapsed, might make a video later on.
* Met a nice Galmil dude along the way (helped with the Caracal) who just might be looking for a new corp, who knows!
* I need a new Jackdaw … Or maybe three. Four? 

 Wednesday 17th June  
* Got some new Jackdaws \o/ Always good to have some spares around you.
* Sank a tripple-warpstabbed Tayra while he was undocking and trying to warp out. Funny how stabs can give you that false sense of security, even when you got Heavy Beam laser fire coming at your face.
* Jackdaw shines again! A poor man’s Drake will never see the light of day again. And in the same belt there was a Mordu’s Legion Cruiser NPC which dropped a nice Orthrus-BPC.

 Thursday 18th June  
* Out of boredom we Black Ops hotdropped a Venture in an Ore complex. Dropped a 30mil mining upgrade module, I guess that makes up for the fuel.
* Thrasher called me a ‘noobie’ and then ran away from my Jackdaw ;( Tough life.
* Started working on a new video, some short clips showing off the Jackdaw.
* Joined AF fleet with corp.

 Friday 19th June  
* Amateurs. Scrubs in T1-Frigates and Svipuls (meta fitted Svipuls, mind you) tried to take on my Phantasm with little success. The only vexing thing was that a Griffin had me heavily jammed. Still, we got one of the Svipuls and some of the Frigate.
* A few minutes later a meta fited Navy Slicer. What is happening !!!
* Got report of a Vindicator flying around close by with some Cruiser back up. Interesting enough the Vindicator logged off in space, his companions leaving him behind. The result: 1.6b ISK wrecked.
* Oh, dear: oh, dear. Faction fitted Stratios undocked from my Station, fired up his MWD and that is all he did … 400m down along with a 250m pod, very very odd. He could have easily docked up again but never considered to do so.  

 Saturday 20th June  
* Devoted the entire day to catch an Obelisk on his weekly routine hauling run. He had escaped me near a dozen times already but today I will catch him. Ran a locator agent on him to confirm he was in Jita, logged off.
* Pre-DT: Cyno Tengu in place on the highsec gate, Panther ready next door to jump to it.
* Post-DT: All characters ready, moved an alt in Jita to shadow him once he logs in.
* 1300h: Where is he?
* 1400h: Come on dude.
* 1500h: Y U NO WEEKLY ROUTINE PLZ
* 1600h: RIP Saturday afternoon
* 1700h: Please at least log in …
* 2000h: le sad. Guess no Obelisk today.
* Well at least I got to hotdrop a Raven passing through a gate. T1 shit fit, but got to use the Panther …
* Funny little mishap when an Iteron Mark V looted the Raven wreck and thus triggered aggression against me.

 Sunday 21th June  
* What a day. Obelisk pilot logged in about an hour after DT in Jita. He undocked his Obelisk and started moving towards the lowsec pocket I was camping…
* He arrived in the last highsec system, turned around and went to god damn Amarr.
* I continued to shadow him to Amarr, then to Dodixie of all places.
* He finally returned to his highsec base next to lowsec, he WARPED TO THE LOWSEC GATE and …
* Turned around, went to his safe POS and logged off in highsec. Mother fucker. Sunday wasted and still no Obelisk kill. Moral: low.

 Monday 22th June  
* The last entry of this daily journal! It has been one month, and what a month!
* Caught a Caracal passing through the gate and luckily I was out and about with my Cyno Tengu: Panther strikes again!
* Was looking for a Kestrel in a belt so I took the Jackdaw for a spin – the Kestrel ran away but just then an Arty Wolf warped on top of me! Well, well, well, that was a short lived adventure for him.
* Double X-Large ASB PvP Dominix was a tough nut to crack, but we got him down!

--- To those who have been reading and following this, I hope you enjoyed it and I thank you for your time. I enjoyed writing them up and showing what I keep myself occupied with in New Eden.
As I’m writing this last note I read back on some of the entries I have written down the last month, and I amuse myself with events that occurred which I’ve already forgotten about myself, such as a wild Ferox that aggressed my Curse; the terrible failing attempts with my Dramiels; the empty fitted Scorpions in Jita. All these little things that had slipped from memory, and if I didn’t write them down I would probably never remembered them.
Lately I noticed that people log in to EVE and ask the cursed question “Anything going on?” Sadly, more than often the reply is that of a negative one and the person then logs off with the illusion there is nothing to do in EVE.
Well, I hope the journal has proved my point there is always stuff going on all around you, everywhere! All you need to do is undock and open your eyes and you’ll find it. Good luck and have fun! o7

Thanks for reading. 



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten